Governors - Who's Who?
Mr David Hastie
Chair of Governors
Mrs Melanie Henderson
Vice Chair of Governors
Mr Gavin Thomson
Local Authority Governor
Mr Nick Sanders
Fr Micahel Purtill
Mrs Elizabeth Luke
Mrs Judith Lane
Mrs Clair Williams
Mrs Alex Botto-Crozier
Mrs Nicola Francis
Governors are volunteers who collectively make up the school’s Governing Body. The overall responsibility of the Governing Body is to support the school to provide the best possible education for all children.
What are governors responsible for?
- helping to decide on the school’s values and aims, agreeing plans on the future direction of the school and checking on progress with these plans.
- acting as a critical friend to the head teacher to support and challenge them in managing the school.
- deciding how the money allocated to run the school is spent.
- interviewing and appointing members of staff.
- making sure that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, and to its local community.
Who are the Governors at St Cuthbert’s?
St Cuthbert’s Governing Body has 10 members, split between the various categories of governor as follows:
- one parent governor (elected by all parents)
- one local authority governor (nominated by the local authority and approved by the Governing Body)
- six Foundation governors (people from the parish, nominated by Hexham and Newcastle Roman Catholic Diocese and approved by the Governing Body)
- one teacher governor (elected by the teaching and support staff)
- Head teacher
Governors serve for four years although they may be re-appointed for a further period after this time.
How can I contact governors?
Parent governors can be a good source of information about the school and may be able to offer support and advice if you have particular queries. They are happy for you to approach them directly if you see them in school at the start or end of the school day. Alternatively if you leave a message and your contact details at the school office then these can be passed on to a parent governor and they will get back to you. The Chair of Governors can be contacted in the same way.
It is not the role of parent governors to deal with complaints. These should be discussed with the relevant member of school staff e.g. a class teacher, or the Head or Deputy Head teacher.
The Governing Body is always keen to find out the views of parents and other members of the school community on how the school should be developing in the future. Governors may come to Parent Teacher Consultation Evenings for this purpose, but are also interested to receive feedback at other times.
Governor Meeting Dates 2016/17
- 12th October 2016 - Resources
- 22nd November 2016 - Resources
- 22nd November 2016 - Full Governing Body
- 7th February 2017 - Resources
- 16th March 2017 - Resources
- 16th March 2017 - Full Governing Body
- 23rd May 2017 - Resources
- 11th July 2017 - Resources
- 11th July 2017 - Full Governing Body